Laura Broomell has worked as Greene Espel's Chief Operating Officer for 18 years.
In her role, she works collaboratively with attorneys to oversee all aspects of the firm's strategic and operational functions including human resources, finance, technology, facilities, professional development, and marketing and business development.
As a lifelong learner, Laura blends over 30 years of experience in law firm leadership with a vision for innovation and inclusiveness. Her passion for change leads her to constantly challenge those around her to look at issues through a new lens, rather than relying on what has been done in the past. In this pursuit, Laura acts as a catalyst for change, helping to create an environment built on trust where every voice is encouraged and valued as an essential part of the whole in providing exceptional service and value to clients.
Laura has been an active member of the Association of Legal Administrators locally and internationally, serving as the international association's president in 2016. She is a frequent writer and speaker to audiences nationwide and abroad on the topic of law firm and practice management.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Association of Legal Administrators, International
- Immediate Past President, 2017-2018
- President, 2016-2017
- President-Elect, 2015-2016
- At-Large Director, 2013-2015
- Certification Committee, 2008-2013
- Regional Representative, 2006-2008
- Association of Legal Administrators, Minnesota
- Various leadership positions, including President
- “Big Ideas,” Legal Management, bi-monthly column, 2016-2017
- “Making Trust Matter in the Workplace,” Peer to Peer, the Quarterly Magazine of ILTA (Winter 2016)
- “Going, Going, Going … Green,” The Hennepin Lawyer (June 2008)
TEACHING AND LECTURING
- Analysis and Discussion of Practices Used in the U.S. Legal Market, FENALAW 2017, São Paulo, Brazil (October 2017)
- Using Servant Leadership to Empower and Elevate Your Chapter, ALA Chapter Leadership Institute (July 2017)
- Panelist: Reinventing Professionals: Where is the legal industry headed in 2017, Interview in ABA Journal (December 2016)
- Planning, Planning, and more Planning for your Office Move, ALAMN Annual Conference (February 2013)
- Going, Going, Going … Green, Quick and Easy Ways to Start Greening your Law Firm, ALAMN Section, (January 2010)
- Various other presentations on law firm management and ALA chapter management
- Unsung Legal Hero Award, Minnesota Lawyer (2010)
- ALA Outstanding Association Volunteer Award, Association of Legal Administrators (2010)
- ALA Region 3 Outstanding Volunteer Award, Association of Legal Administrators (2009)
- Certified Legal Manager (2004-Present)
- Legal Lean Sigma, White Belt (2017)
B.A., Metropolitan State University (1992)