Assistant: Joyce Kammueller
- Diploma in European Competition Law, University of London, King’s College School of Law (1997)
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, Grand Chancellor, Order of the Coif (1984)
- B.A., University of Kansas-Lawrence, Highest Honors (1978)
- 3M, Assistant General Counsel, General Counsel to Display and Graphics Business (1989-2011)
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Attorney (1986-1989)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the late Judge Sam D. Johnson, Law Clerk (1984-1986)
Peggy Kubicz Hall focuses her practice on financial fraud and international law matters including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, anticorruption, due diligence, internal investigations, and antitrust and competition law issues. She joined Greene Espel after 22 years at 3M Company as Assistant General Counsel and general counsel to 3M’s Display and Graphics Business.
In addition to investigating potential misconduct and conducting due diligence, Peggy assists clients with the full range of issues associated with the creation and implementation of effective compliance programs including anticorruption compliance. She represents clients before the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission, develops and assesses the effectiveness of compliance policies and procedures, counsels on related remediation, SEC reporting obligations, board interactions, and trains executive management and corporate boards. In addition to anti-corruption matters, Peggy’s antitrust and competition law work includes pricing matters, monopolization issues, tender law violations, bid rigging, and market allocation matters. She investigates financial fraud issues including financial mismanagement, trade secrets misappropriation, counterfeiting, and employee theft.
Peggy brings substantial knowledge which reflects “real world” corporate experience to Greene Espel’s business litigation practice. She has a diploma in European Competition Law from the University of London-Kings College of Law.
Peggy graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 1984 and clerked for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in 1984–86.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State Bar of Minnesota
- State Bar of Texas
- The Sedona Conference, Working Group 6
- Co-Chair of the Sub-Committee for Government & Internal Investigations
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Vice Chair of Programming, White Collar Committee
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Chair, Antitrust Council (2013-2014)
- Corporate Counsel Council
- American Bar Association
- Committee Vice Chair, ABA Section of International Law Corporate Counsel Committee
- Member, ABA Section of International Law International Corruption Committee
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Texas State Bar Association
TEACHING AND LECTURING
- Adjunct Professor, University of St. Thomas School of Law, Compliance Externship (Spring & Fall 2015).
- Adjunct Professor, William Mitchell College of Law, Business Regulation and Compliance (Fall 2015, Fall 2014, Fall 2013).
- (Double) Jeopardy! Navigating Corporate and Individual Interests through the Sludgy Legal Waters of BP’s Oil Disaster, International Association of Defense Counsel Annual Meeting, Panelist, (July 7, 2015).
- Drafting Ethics Codes and Anti-Corruption Policies, Navigating the Global Regulatory Maze: A Practical Approach to Compliance–The 39th Annual International Business Law Institute, Panelist (April 30, 2015).
- Best Practices for Mid-and Small-Size Corporations: Implementation of Ethics Codes and Anti-Corruption Policies, Navigating the Global Regulatory Maze: A Practical Approach to Compliance–The 39th Annual International Business Law Institute, Panelist (April 30, 2015).
- After the Apocalypse: Managing the Organizational Fallout After a Major Investigation, ABA Section of International Law Spring Meeting, Panelist (April 29, 2015).
- Navigating Cross Border Document Transfers in Investigations: Privacy Considerations and Practical Tips, Twin Cities ARMA Spring Conference, Speaker, (April 8, 2015).
- Protecting the Attorney-Client Privilege (And In-House Counsel) In Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Corporate Investigations, International Association of Defense Counsel Mid-Year Meeting, Panelist, (February 16, 2015).
- Practical In-House Approaches to Cross-Border Discovery & Investigations, The Sedona All-Voices Conference, Panelist (November 5, 2014).
- Pack Your Bags and Find Local Competition Law Counsel: Internal Investigations with an International Twist, Minnesota State Bar Association Antitrust Section, Moderator (June 19, 2014).
- International E-Discovery, Litigation, and Internal Investigations – More Acquisition, Less Discovery, #GlobalDataPrivacy—The 38th International Business Law Institute, Panelist (April 23, 2014).
- LEGAL JEOPARDY: Handling Legal Ethical Dilemmas in Multiple Jurisdictions to Avoid Unintended Consequences, ABA Section of International Law Spring Meeting, Panelist (April 2, 2014).
- Costs of Corruption: Is the Current Debate Missing the Point?, Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, Guest Lecturer (2014, 2013, 2012).
- The Federal Criminalization of Trade Secret Theft, International Association of Defense Counsel Mid-Year Meeting, Panelist (February 12, 2014).
- Trends from 2013 Anti-Corruption Enforcement: Right-Sizing Your Company's Global Response, IADC Webinar Panel, International Association of Defense Counsel, Panelist (January 22, 2104).
- White Collar Criminal Enforcement: Subject Matter Expansion, Trends and “New” Guidance, IADC Corporate Counsel College, International Association of Defense Counsel, Panelist (April 25, 2013).
- "I’ve Looked at Fees from Both Sides Now: A perspective on alternative fee arrangements," 39 Wm. Mitchell L. Rev. 154 (2012).
- Anti-Corruption Compliance: What we can learn now from Wal-Mart (2012).
- World-Wide Enforcement of Anti-Corruption Laws —Navigating The International Business Minefield, International Association of Defense Counsel Midyear Meeting, Panelist (2012).
- International Anti-Corruption, Law Library of Congress, Presentation (November 2011).
- International Aspects of IP and Competition Law, Minnesota State Bar Association (May 2011).
- Multinational Discovery: Privacy and Process, E-Discovery Challenges and Solutions for 2011, LegalTech Forum NYC, Panelist (February 2011).
- Developments in International Anti-bribery Regulation, Minnesota State Bar Association (October 2010).
- Mentors Speak! How Mentoring Improved their Leadership, Human Capital Institute (November 2009).
- Developments in Asia Competition Law, Minnesota Bar Association (February 2009).
- The Infinity Project, Board Member
- Menttium 100 Mentor
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Mentor
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Program in Organizational Ethics & Compliance Advisory Board Member
Internal Investigations and White Collar Criminal Defense
Compliance and Anti-Corruption