Caitlinrose helps clients navigate and resolve disputes at all stages of litigation.
As a high school science teacher, Caitlinrose developed her talent for translating complex issues into compelling and accessible stories. In two federal appellate clerkships, she honed her writing skills and learned what arguments persuade judges. Today, she enjoys bringing all this experience to bear representing clients facing litigation in both the public and private sector.
Caitlinrose received her J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of Minnesota. During law school, she successfully tried a case, argued various motions before trial courts, and assisted with drafting briefs for cases before trial and appellate courts. She served as a research assistant to several professors, focusing on issues related to employment discrimination and agency adjudication. After graduating from law school, Caitlinrose interned with the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of the Solicitor General, where she conducted legal research for merits cases before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State of Minnesota
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Attorney-Client Privilege: What Every Attorney Needs to Know, Minnesota CLE, Contributor (2018)
- Walter F. Mondale, Robert A. Stein & Caitlinrose Fisher, No Longer a Neutral Magistrate: The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court In the Wake of the War on Terror, 100 Minn. L. Rev. 2251 (2016)
- Note, Treating the Disease or Punishing the Criminal?: Effectively Using Drug Court Sanctions to Treat Substance Use Disorder and Reduce Criminal Conduct, 99 MInn. L. Rev. 747 (2014)
TEACHING AND LECTURING
- Adjunct Professor, University of Minnesota Law School, Judicial Opinion Writing
- Business Litigation
- Government and Constitutional Litigation
- Pro Bono
- White Collar Criminal Defense
J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif (2015); Lead Articles Editor, Minnesota Law Review
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, Philosophy and International Studies, with Honors (2010)
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, Judge Diana E. Murphy, Law Clerk (2016-2017)
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Chief Judge Sidney R. Thomas, Law Clerk (2015-2016)