Michelle joins Greene Espel after practicing for multiple years in a national law firm in San Francisco, where she focused on employment law and employment litigation. Prior to that, Michelle clerked for the Honorable Joan N. Ericksen in the United States District of Minnesota. Michelle’s experience allows her to provide clients with well-rounded and practical advice during all phases of litigation. Clients have particularly praised Michelle’s ability to remain calm and decisive during heated matters, obtaining optimal outcomes.
Michelle graduated from Stanford Law School, where she obtained pro bono distinction. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of California Berkeley with high honors.
- J.D., Stanford Law School, Lead Article Editor, Stanford Journal of International Law
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, with High Distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, Order of Omega
- Associate, Paul Hastings LLP, San Francisco
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, The Honorable Joan N. Ericksen
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Minnesota
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
Michelle's Practice Areas
Employment CounselingExplore Practice Area
Greene Espel partners with employers to foster diverse and inclusive workplaces, to develop and implement employment policies, and to advise about the myriad of employment issues that may arise daily.
Employment LitigationExplore Practice Area
Businesses, public institutions, and individuals seek out Greene Espel for representation in a wide range of employment-litigation matters.
Commercial LitigationExplore Practice Area
Our business litigation practice embraces the wide variety of commercial disputes facing private and public companies today. Areas of particular expertise include intellectual property, antitrust, securities, employment, professional liability, and construction disputes.
Class ActionsExplore Practice Area
Clients regularly turn to Greene Espel when faced with high-stakes, class-action litigation. Greene Espel attorneys have defended dozens of putative class actions in federal and state courts all across the country.
Non-Compete Disputes and LitigationExplore Practice Area
Employees come and go. When their departures implicate legal obligations, Greene Espel can help. Greene Espel mobilizes immediately when clients must seek, or defend against, expedited injunction motions that may arise when employees move from one job to another.
Michelle's Community Involvement
- Infinity Project, an organization dedicated to increasing the gender diversity of the state and federal bench