Laura Broomell has worked as Greene Espel's Chief Operating Officer for more than 20 years.
In her role, she works collaboratively with attorneys to oversee all aspects of the firm's strategic and operational functions including human resources, finance, technology, facilities, professional development, and marketing and business development.
As a lifelong learner, Laura blends over 35 years of experience in law firm leadership with a vision for innovation and inclusiveness. Her passion for change leads her to constantly challenge those around her to look at issues through a new lens, rather than relying on what has been done in the past. In this pursuit, Laura acts as a catalyst for change, helping to create an environment built on trust where every voice is encouraged and valued as an essential part of the whole in providing exceptional service and value to clients.
Laura has been an active member of the Association of Legal Administrators locally and internationally, serving as the international association's president in 2016. She is a frequent writer and speaker to audiences nationwide and abroad on the topic of law firm and practice management.
B.A., Metropolitan State University
- The Successful Firm Project, Leadership Advisory Board (2021-Present)
- Member, Fourth District Ethics Committee (2018-2020)
- Association of Legal Administrators, International
- Immediate Past President (2017-2018)
- President (2016-2017)
- President-Elect (2015-2016)
- At-Large Director (2013-2015)
- Standards Review Committee (2019-2020)
- Certification Committee (2008-2013)
- Regional Representative (2006-2008)
- Association of Legal Administrators, Minnesota
- Various leadership positions, including President
Laura's Recognition & Awards
- Recipient of Spirit of ALA Award, Association of Legal Administrators (2023)
- Selected as one of Minnesota's Most Powerful Business Leaders by Minnesota 500 (2022)
- 2020 Women in Business Honoree, Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal
- Unsung Legal Hero Award, Minnesota Lawyer (2010)
- ALA Outstanding Association Volunteer Award, Association of Legal Administrators (2010)
- ALA Region 3 Outstanding Volunteer Award, Association of Legal Administrators (2009)