Holley represents clients in business disputes and trademark and copyright litigation. She thoughtfully approaches each case from start to finish, considering the client’s goals and advocating strategically at every phase of the litigation.
Holley’s experience includes representing business clients, from start-up to Fortune 100 companies, in matters ranging from breach-of-contract claims, to complex coordinated antitrust litigation, to trust instruction proceedings. She relishes getting into the details and learning the client’s business to allow her to advocate effectively whether over the scope of discovery or dispositive motions.
Holley also regularly represents clients in copyright and trademark infringement lawsuits in federal court and has appeared before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. For example, she won a preliminary injunction under the Lanham Act against a company for distributing counterfeit goods and was recognized as an “Attorney of the Year” for this work. She brings that litigation experience to bear when assisting clients outside the courtroom, such as in pre-litigation counseling and negotiations, to understand their intellectual property rights and potential issues.
Holley maintains an active pro bono practice, primarily representing children in foster-care-related legal proceedings, and also supports that work by serving on the board of the Children’s Law Center of Minnesota.
- French (fluent)
- Mandarin (familiar)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District Court of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Minnesota
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Community Outreach Committee Member (2020-present)
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Legal Athletes Affinity Group Co-Chair (2020-present)
- The Honorable Jimmie V. Reyna Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
Holley's Practice Areas
Antitrust and CompetitionExplore Practice Area
Greene Espel can help you navigate antitrust and competition investigations, government enforcement actions, white collar criminal investigations and litigation, trial and appellate litigation, and compliance counseling.
AppellateExplore Practice Area
“What’s next?” Greene Espel can guide you through the appellate process, providing an objective assessment of the pivotal issues, developing a strategy based on how appellate judges are likely to view a case in light of legal, institutional, and policy considerations, and advocating effectively.
Commercial LitigationExplore Practice Area
Our business litigation practice embraces the wide variety of commercial disputes facing private and public companies today. Areas of particular expertise include intellectual property, antitrust, securities, employment, professional liability, and construction disputes.
Class ActionsExplore Practice Area
Clients regularly turn to Greene Espel when faced with high-stakes, class-action litigation. Greene Espel attorneys have defended dozens of putative class actions in federal and state courts all across the country.
Employment LitigationExplore Practice Area
Businesses, public institutions, and individuals seek out Greene Espel for representation in a wide range of employment-litigation matters.
Local Government DefenseExplore Practice Area
Local government defense is a cornerstone of Greene Espel’s practice.
Copyright LitigationExplore Practice Area
Greene Espel is frequently called upon to protect copyright interests as well as defend against claims of copyright infringement.
Securities LitigationExplore Practice Area
Institutional investors and public companies alike have turned to Greene Espel in high-stakes securities litigation: fraud cases, multi-million-dollar battles over the terms of securities, class actions, shareholder disputes, RMBS, and more.
Patent LitigationExplore Practice Area
From lead medical-device companies to major high-tech manufacturers, clients turn to Greene Espel to represent them in significant disputes involving patents and other intellectual property rights.
Holley's Recognition & Awards
- 2021 Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021-2024)
- Rising Star, Minnesota Super Lawyers (2020-2023)
- Recognized as Up and Coming Attorney, Minnesota Lawyer (2019)
- Recognized as Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer for pro bono service (2018-2019)
- Appointed to a Merit Selection Panel by Chief Judge John R. Tunheim to advise the U.S. District Court of the District of Minnesota on the reappointment of U.S. Magistrate Judge Tony N. Leung (July 2018)
- Featured in a “Pro Bono Spotlight” by the Inner City Law Center of Los Angeles, CA, for her pro bono representation of veterans (Sept. 2015)
- Hilmer Oehlmann, Jr. Award for Outstanding Performance in Federal Litigation (Spring 2010)
Holley's Community Involvement
- Children's Law Center of Minnesota, Board Member (present)
- Girls on the Run Twin Cities
- Board Member (present)
- Co-Chair of Associate Board (2019-2020)
- Special Events Committee Member (2016-2019)
- Fourth Generation (a program of the Minneapolis Foundation), Volunteer Grantmaker (2017-2018)
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association, Chair of Copyright and Trademark committee (2014-2015); Co-Chair of Washington in the West committee (2013-2014)